Saturday, May 21, 2011

Making a List... Checking it Twice ..

I already know who's going to be naughty!

I have a tote in the back of my truck permanently packed with a couple of toys, a water bowl, a couple of towels (Brody does not like being wet), the sun shades, the manners minder. This tote works for most half day trials - I add water and treats and whatever crating I want for the trial and away we go ...

Regionals requires a little more organization - you can't crate from the car apparently ...I'm staying up near the trial for one and possibly two nights in a house not a hotel which will be fun but requires more stuff ... I may need to set up crating in two spots at trial site as the rescue I work with is tabling there as well so I'd like to be able to have the dogs with me there.. but if they (Brody) won't truly relax there I have been offered a spot under a friends shade tent ... sweet but basically I think I need three sets of crates ... YIIIEEEE

So, Soft crates for the house ... (and honestly, Brody won't be crated there much - he would be terribly offended), wire crates for one spot and hard crates for the other ... I'll see which is closer to the action (and therefore more likely where I'll be to decide which crate goes where)

  • Water bowls for everywhere (and water for everywhere - Sally doesn't need any excuse for a gitchy tummy)
  • food, and treats - more than I think I need
  • toys (including a NEW flying squirrel - anticipate Sally's joy along with me)
  • flexi lead for Sally in case there is no where safe/legal/discreet for off leash walk and games

MUST put a chair or two into the truck ...

for the house I need a heater, bedding, pillow, some basic food

for me  - not much - lots of hair elastics, and a bunch of different shoes - I have trouble finding shoes I can wear multiple days in the summer - my riding/hiking boots are great but they look clunky (see the All About Pets Show pictures for visual proof) at the best of times .. and I don't think I could wear them with shorts, cell phone, charger, changes of cloths, toiletries .. should all fit in a small bag

wonder what I'm missing?? If you see something you'd have to have please let me know ~ thanks :)

1 comment:

Muttsandaklutz said...

Very exciting -- the countdown is on! Seems to me you've got all the bases covered... Oh you might want to add one thing to your list: the dogs! ;)

Sounds like they're both ready to rumble too. Can't wait to hear how it goes!