Monday, April 04, 2011

Webb Friday

Friday with Webb Anderson
I worked in private and semi private lessons - it was nice being fresh .. we worked hard and given that we've worked together before it settled into a working groove quickly.
I actually worked Thea just a little. We worked on the concept (for me not her) that if I keep her in sight she can't drop behind ... if she does I'm to stop and quickly  move her into the right place . She seemed to get the concept too.  We also worked on six weaves. I am seriously considering putting weaves back on her. The plan is to  use a touch plate so she learns to drive to the end .. break off and do something else if she gets too confused. It is so strange working her - she is so obviously a "lured" dog. It drives me nuts but she is darling and tons of fun!!

Brody - we did 10 minutes with Brody - Webb says speed up the weaves. I tried a "good boy" half way through and B kicked into high gear. Interesting as I avoid cheer leading at all costs usually. At one point I tried to leave Brody behind me on a line of jumps and I couldn't, which I thought was hilarious.

Sally's turn included showing Webb where our contacts are at - frame is a problem - but with reps he feels she understands the job and will figure it out . The dog walk was good.  I am to wait til frame is all together too before proofing too much. The teeter was fine - he worries she'll worry if tipping point changes so I'm to put her on as many teeters as possible just to practice. He showed me some good start line stay work - turning towards her ... presenting my side.. presenting my back (sad to say the only one I'd done) She broke the second time I faced her but that was it ...
She is incorrect in the weaves and losing time ... her footwork sucks .. she is not single footing or double footing but paddling (though if she was a horse I'd be thrilled to get 11 lead changes every stride. Fixing it may be impossible ... that was the last discussion we had and it's weighing way too heavily on my mind ... we'll see - and obsess about it.

Webb was obviously getting sick - I felt very badly for him I think he's going to have a long weekend :(

No comments: