Wednesday, October 27, 2010

no trials but plenty of tribulations ..


a more peaceful memory to hold onto in turbulent times -
not that she's ever entirely resting unless she's asleep



First things first - Brody was a SUPER star last night - 2 runs - bing bang boom .. excellent to handle - fun to run!

Second things second. Sally's warm up through the stations was fine though 7 dogs make things a little crowded and a dog running amok through the stations was a bit problematic.

Third things third. Sally. Was. Insane. On. Course.
"Start line stay? say WHA?"
believe me we got them but it took way too long

"Table? do WHA? BARK BARK BARK - k"
got that too but WAY WAY WAY more work than usual.

To be fair the table was set at 16 inches - the one size I never work. I'm thinking about insisting we change the table out- it's too high for Brody and too low for Sally. I guess it's a reasonable compromise but it isn't right - and both dogs seem to know it. (Brody builds speed to it - so falls off it!)

Also, to be fair to Sally Bark Bark Sally, she didn't get her usual warm up - equipment is not the way I warm up for a trial - we play Frisbee, we walk, we work on focus, we touch hands, we spin left and right.. we don't work on crate manners then go right to running. Will try our usual routines this weekend and hope my dog comes back. This one is amusing for the people watching but irritates the heck out of me!

1 comment:

Sam said...

The thought of playing Frisbee before an agility run sounds so amazing. I do think that part of my trial problems are that we don't have the best warm-up routine.. Marge is so not in to playing with toys at trials. I'm trying to build her tug drive at home and have made some improvement, but I don't know how far I can get it to go.