Thursday, July 15, 2010

Snookers ...

I like snookers .. really I do.

Am I a little bit frustrated that my last three attempts have not been successful? Yes, if I am completely honest with myself, I guess I am a little.

I had two snookers classes last night. It was hot. Brody and I had driven over 400 km by the time we got to the trial. My brain should be ON for snookers and Brody should be well rested. We did fine. The first class was a bit fluffy. Brody took my motion cues very literally and went a little wide at the tunnels and we wasted some time so we only got 2/3 of the 6 sequence completed. 25 points. I nearly went home (did I mention I was hot?)

But I didn't. Which I'm glad of as Brody rocked the last course. We were last dog of the trial - cars were pulling out mosquitoes were zooming in and we did everything we wanted to. Perfect tunnels, easy flow. His nose was coming out of the last tunnel he needed for the points when the whistle blew. We did our best and it was 1/10 of a second too slow. And you know what? That's OK. Brody did the teeter 7 times with confidence last night. He did cross canter *at one point which is a sign of how uncomfortable/tired he was- I've never seen him do that before.

The venue isn't Brody's favourite though it is mine probably. I am very pleased with our last run.

It will come. I know it will. I just don't know when.



* cross cantering is when front and back legs are on different leads. It is not easy to do. And never asked for.

1 comment:

Muttsandaklutz said...

Aw, hang in there -- frustrating about coming so close, for sure -- but I know it will come, too. Walter went about 15 tries in Advanced Standard before we managed to get a single Q :)