Wednesday, December 12, 2007

dear dear Ben

Dad and Jean helped Ben cross the rainbow bridge today.
He was a lovely gentle airdale. We had lots of fun finding him together and he was part of the family's original brat pack - romping with Rufus and Laurice - taking out tables and lamps indoors and being so happy when they all got together. He was always happy to see Tom and I right up til his death - I suspect happy puppies memories flooded the old guy too!
He faced many challenges over the years but kept bouncing back a little bigger brighter and happier!

My memories of him are all good- even housetraining a marking large dog somehow brings a smile to my face today

It's quite comforting to think of him playing with Rufus and Laurice again while they hang out waiting for us.

Another poem that brings me comfort when I've lost a friend:

Do not stand at my grave and weepI am not there;
I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sun on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there; I did not die.

No comments: