Not for any great abiding love of the sport. More because the coach is amazing and talented. And that works just fine for all of us.
How can I contribute to this team? It's not through attending all practices (some start at 7:30 am and Sam's daycare doesn't open til 8 am). It's not through my mad bball skillz. It is partly by doing doing paperwork. It's partly by attending practice when I can. I also think it can be about teaching them the mental side of playing sports.
What key elements can I distill for the team from my knowledge base?
- if ain't fun ~ recalculate
- know your team -train weaknesses, play strengths
- know yourself - what helps you be in the right head space?
- be fit enough to be able to keep your mind on
- what is your right head space? are nerves useful for you - or do they interfere?