Monday, January 24, 2011

You never lose by loving ...

Barbara DeAngelis sagely said "You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back."


That really doesn't make losing easier on the heart when you lose one you love though.


Sara lost Missy - predictable, expected but never the less tragic.


I lost Phenomenal yesterday - lovely (she's in a great home) but oh so so bitter sweet. We placed a foster cat we'd had since June on Thursday - Duffy is deaf and just a dear dear soul ... we miss him. The house sure seems quiet!



Someone called me a Lizard Heart many years ago, I was very confused until she explained that lizards (some species anyhow) can regenerate body parts. She thought I must have a lizard heart as I could keep giving pieces of it away. I get so much more back though. My heart must be a pretty patched up thing!!

2 comments:

Helen said...

Or as the Garth Brooks song says, I could have missed the pain but I'd have had to miss the dance.

Glad Phenomenal found a home. You had me thinking but the time just isn't right.

Muttsandaklutz said...

Wonderful that she found a home, and a great one at that! Must be so hard to part with them... but what an awesome gift you give to all those animals.

Lizard Heart -- so perfect :-)